Saturday, August 21, 2010

Autobot City

Welcome to Autobot City!

The purpose of this blog is to highlight awesome toys from the 80s. I will never, ever, EVER nerd out and include all sorts of stats, vitals, complete factual histories, etc of these toys. The sole purpose is to say, "Holy shit! I remember that toy!" Please jump in with your own personal memories of each item highlighted.

To start, our namesake, Metroplex (aka Autobot City). I had this toy. It was BAD ASS. It featured 3 modes:
Robot mode

Motile war vehicle mode

and "autobot city" mode


In the robot mode, it was easily 5 times taller than any other transformer toy you owned, therefore it kicked 5 times more ass. My favorite was the city mode, as each arm/leg opened up to reveal weapons, storage areas, helipads, and even a little car with a ramp.

This was a trump card toy, in that you could be the coolest kid in school if you had it. I had it and I loved that shit.

Here's an awesome original commercial


And this guy is a HUGE loser: I will never make this blog into this dude's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment